To be considered for a “play-up” during the regular season…
● “Play ups” will only be permitted on Racers AAA U10, U12 and U16 teams.
● The player must display dominance in practice and games at his/her age group.
● The player must show that he or she is not challenged by the top opponents at their own age group.
● Being the best player on their own team at a given age group is not reason enough to “play up.”
● The player in consideration must prove, in tryouts that he or she is clearly able to contribute significantly with the older AAA team.
● Goaltenders must prove, in tryouts, that they are clearly the number one goalie for the older AAA team.
● Additional criteria used for evaluation:
● Physical development of the player
● Emotional & intellectual “readiness” of the player to play with an older age group.
● Ability of the team receiving the play-up to “support” the younger player.
● Per USA Hockey and Mid-Am policy, players may not play up from U12 to U14.
● To attend tryouts for an older team, the player and his or her family must have approval from the Executive Director and the IYHA Board prior to May 1 for the upcoming fall season. Written requests must be submitted to the Executive Director on or before April 25, 2017. No exceptions will be made.
● Players may NOT register for nor attend a tryout outside their appropriate age division without written permission from Derek Edwardson.
Tag(s): News '04 PeeWee Major '05 PeeWee Minor '06 Squirt Major (Blue Team) Calendar Coach's Blog '02 Bantam Major '03 Bantam Minor Midget Minor U16 '02 Bantam Major '04 PeeWee Major '05 PeeWee Minor '06 Squirt Major (Blue Team) '07 Squirt Minor (Blue Team) '03 Bantam Minor '06 Squirt Major (White Team) '07 Squirt Minor (White Team)